Vegan Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe
Having quick and easy breakfast options makes for a breezy morning. You can have all these ingredients ready the night before and you'll wake up knowing you already have a hearty, wholesome breaky ready to go.
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of shredded or flaked coconut
- 2 medjool dates
- ½ cup of grated carrot
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (a great option is Bonsoy soy milk)
- Crushed walnuts (optional)
- Coconut yoghurt (optional)
- Add the oats and the dates into a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Then add the coconut, carrot, cinnamon and nutmeg and pulse again until combined.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and add in the milk, crushed nuts and dollop of coconut yoghurt (or any toppings you desire).
TIP: You can make this mixture the night before and leave it in the fridge overnight to create an ‘overnight oats’ texture which becomes thicker and creamier.